Changes to Battery Recycling:
Happy New Year! The 2013 Recycling Calendars have been mailed to all residents. Holiday Tree Pick up for all zones will be January 7th and January 14th. Please have your tree curbside by 7 am on January 7th or January 14th. For more information, please call (732) 536-0188.
Please note that while the calendar indicates that only brush will be picked up, crews will also be removing leaves. The on-line calendar may be found HERE. The email regarding leaf and brush pick-up may be seen HERE.
Please be advised that televisions, computers, monitors, printers, scanners etc, cannot be left curbside during bulk pick up. THESE ITEMS WILL NOT BE PICKED UP. All electronics may be brought to the Township Recycle Center at no charge.
If you have any questions regarding bulk pick-up or drop-off, please call Marlboro Township Public Works at (732) 536-0188.
Note that throughout the year, residents may bring non-construction household bulk items to the Township Recycling Center for disposal. That service is now free of charge. The list of permitted disposal items and hours of operation are available at http://www.marlboro-nj.gov/dpw_recy_center.html.
There is no fee to drop of bulk items, but in order to insure that only Township residents use the facility a permit is still required. Permits can be obtained Monday- Thursday 7:00-3:00 at the Public Works Office
Please place all bulk items curbside by 7am of your scheduled pick-up date:
The Solid Waste/Recycling
Bureau (732-536-9295) is responsible for the development, management
and administration of the contract for collection of bulk solid
waste and recycling. This encompasses all residential dwellings. The Township does not provide solid waste or recycling for any commercial establishments. Included in the contract are condominiums, townhouses and other homeowners' associations. The Bureau also funds payment of solid waste tipping fees and taxes to the Monmouth County Reclamation Center for all solid waste disposed at the landfill, with recycling vendors, or at any other recycling or landfill locations. The Recycling Office monitors all commercial generators, generation advertising, and maintains contact with the County Office of Recycling and the State of New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP). Additionally,
the Solid Waste/Recycling Bureau manages the Recycling Center at
the Municipal Complex.
The Solid Waste/Recycling Bureau of the Marlboro Township Public Works Department is responsible for implementing Marlboro Township's Recycling and Clean Communities Programs, operating the Municipal Recycling Center , and advising the Township regarding solid waste issues.
The Solid Waste/Recycling Bureau designs and organizes Marlboro Township's recycling program to meet State and County requirements, be convenient to residents and minimize costs. The Bureau writes bid specifications for recycling contractors and assists contractors in developing internal procedures consistent with Township requirements. In addition, the Solid Waste/Recycling Bureau is responsible for:
- Forecasting recyclable prices.
- Actively seeking out competitive bids.
- Developing the Township Recycling Center and the program for supplementary recycling at the site.
- Studying recycling markets to identify new recycling opportunities and changes in the economics of existing markets.
- Adding recyclables to the curbside and recycling center programs as economically viable market opportunities arise.
- Recommending amendments to the Township recycling ordinance to be consistent with program changes and County and State requirements.
- Working with the Planning Board to facilitate the participation of multiple-unit developments in recycling programs.
- Monitoring recycling contractor compliance.
- Publishing newsletters to inform residents and businesses about the recycling program.
- Collecting information from recycling contractors, businesses, and markets and filing annual reports with the State of New Jersey.
- Advising the Mayor and Council regarding proposed new private recycling facilities and expansions of existing facilities in the Township.