The Mayor’s Senior Advisory Committee (SAC) identifies needs of the senior citizen community. SAC assists in the evaluation of township services and activities and makes recommendations for the overall well being of Marlboro Township’s senior population. SAC acts as a liaison between Marlboro Township’s senior citizens and the township administration.
- Advocated for recycling cost reduced for seniors
- Posted SCAT Program information on Ch77
- Coordinated computer classes for senior citizens
- Disseminated information on I.D. bracelets for sufferers of dementia/Alzheimer
- Shared processes regarding financial assistance for heating oil and gas bills
Congratulations to Fran Lynn for being presented with the 2012 Bernice Brownstein Senior Volunteer Award. This award, created by the Senior Advisory Committee is to recognize a Marlboro Township senior citizen who illustrates the drive and desire to help our community as did the honored woman it is named after.
Senior Advisory Committee Chairperson: Barbara Ross
Senior Citizen Director: Denise Barry – 732-617-0100