Division of Tax Collection
For questions, please call 732-536-0200 ext. 1804.
- When paying your taxes, please remember to:
Put your Block and Lot on the check.
Include all tax stubs you are paying.
Include a self-addressed envelope for any information you require returned.
Don’t staple your tax stub to your check.
- Property tax bills are mailed once a year in July and contain four (4) quarterly payments.
Taxes are due February 1st, May 1st, August 1st and November 1st.
- Please be advised that the State of New Jersey does not allow the Tax Collector to acknowledge postmarks. Therefore, taxes must be received in this office on or before the 10th. However, if the 10th falls on a weekend or a legal Holiday, you will have the next business day to make a payment. Payments received after the grace period will be assessed 8% interest per annum on the first $1,500.00 of delinquency and 18% per annum on all balances over $1,500.00.
- Any balances over $10,000 on December 31st, will be assessed an additional flat 6% penalty.
- All taxes not paid by November 11 are subject to tax sale.
- If you pay your taxes through your mortgage company, the statement will say "This is not a bill, for advice only". If you receive an "advice only" statement, but do not have a mortgage company, please use this statement to pay your taxes. Please fill out the following form and return back to this office.
(Bank Code Removal Form)
- When selling your property, this bill must be handed over to the new owner at the time of closing.
- Failure to receive a tax bill does not exempt you from paying your taxes or the interest due on delinquent taxes.
The Tax Collection Division is responsible for receiving and collecting all current and delinquent real and personal property taxes and charges, receiving penalties and interest, and accounting to the Director of Finance for all collections. The Tax Collection Division is also charged with:
- Performing tax searches and other liens on real property in the Township and charging and collecting fees for such searches.
- Preparing and mailing tax bills, collecting taxes, and maintaining tax accounting records.
- Depositing all monies received in one or more depositories selected by the Township Council and maintaining complete records and accounts of all sums collected and received.
Tax Relief Programs
Property Tax Reimbursement:
A program only for those 65 or older or those receiving federal disability benefits. They must have paid property taxes on their principal residence directly or through mobile home park fees. Applicants must be NJ residents for at least 10 years and must have lived in the residence on which the reimbursement is claimed for at least 3 years. There are income limitations. Applicants must meet all requirements for the base and reimbursement years. The reimbursement is equal to the difference between the taxes paid in the reimbursement year and the base year. This program is administered by the NJ Division of Taxation. Filing deadline is June 1. Please call 1-800-882-6597 for information or to request form PTR-1. http://www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/propfrez.shtml
Senior Citizens’/Disabled Annual Property Tax Deduction:
An annual $250 deduction for those 65 or older or permanently and totally disabled or qualifies as a surviving spouse of a senior citizen or disabled person with incomes less than $10,000 per year, excluding Social Security payments and other permitted exclusions. Applications must own and reside in the home on which the deduction is claimed. (Senior Form)
Please see the FLYER for Senior Property Tax Reimbursement (Senior Freeze).
An annual deduction of $250 from property taxes is available to qualified veterans or un-remarried widows of veterans. Claimant must be a New Jersey citizen prior to October 1st of pretax year. Veterans, who were honorably discharged and actively served during the following wars, may apply for a deduction: Joint Guard Mission-Bosnia and Herzegovina, Joint Endeavor Mission-Bosnia and Herzegovina, Restore Hope Mission-Somalia, Operation "Desert Shield/Desert Storm", Panama Peacekeeping Mission, Lebanon Peacekeeping Mission, Grenada Peacekeeping Mission, Vietnam Conflict, Korean Conflict, World War I and World War II. Dates of induction/service apply. (Veterans Form)