May 11, 2020
DPW Spring Collection Letter
RE: Spring/Bulk Pickup
We are pleased to announce the REVISED 2020 Annual Spring Cleanup and Bulk Item Pickup. The pick-up dates by zone are as follows:
ZONES 2 & 4 - JUNE 1
ZONES 1 & 8 - JUNE 8
ZONES 3 & 5 - JUNE 15
ZONES 6 & 7 - JUNE 22
Please note the following:
- Please place all items curbside by 7am of your first scheduled pick up day. Due to the increased pedestrian street traffic, we are asking residents not to place items curbside until the weekend prior to your pickup date.
- Please note that NO TVs or other electronic items such as computers, printers, stereos, etc. may be placed curbside as per state regulations. However, all electronics may be brought to the Township Recycling Center throughout the year with no permit or fee required.
- It can take up to a week to complete the bulk pick-up in a particular zone, but once the truck has cleared your street of debris they will not return. (exceptions are large appliances that may be picked up separately)
- Millponds and Point De Jardin residents must place their bulk items at the center island in front of the unit in each court.
RULES REGULATING BULK PICK UP COLLECTIONS
- Please separate metal objects from other debris.
- All appliances, such as refrigerators, washers, and dryers must have their doors removed.
- Fencing, decking, and discarded lumber must be cut to a maximum length of four (4) feet. No treated lumber will be accepted. Please hammer down all nails.
- All containers and drums must have one end removed to assure that no liquid, chemical or hazardous material is present.
- The total items placed at any residence must not exceed more than five (5) cubic yards. No single item may weigh more than 300 pounds
- Do not combine your bulk with your neighbor’s bulk.
- No tires will be picked up.
- No Electronics/Computers will be picked up at the curb
The following items will NOT be collected:
Batteries (All Types)*Branches*Bricks*Brush*Closed Barrels or Drums*Concrete & Concrete-filled Items* Containers/Items >300 lbs.* Treated Lumber* Dirt* Computers (see electronics)*Excessive Construction Debris*Grass* Hazardous Materials*Liquids of any kind* Leaves*Logs*Paint in cans* Rocks*Slate*Stones*Tires*Television (see electronics)* Treated fencing or lumber*Tree stumps*
Township Recycle Yard - The yard will be opened for cardboard, comingled paper, electronics, brush and leaves only. No bulk trash items of any kind will be accepted. In order to ensure the safety of our employees and adhere to the CDC‘s requirement of “social distancing”, Township staff will not be able to assist you with placing your items in any of our containers, and we may need to limit the amount of cars in the site at one time. Recycling guidelines and hours can be found on page 10 of the Recycling Calendar and HERE.
Additional information and regulations regarding Spring/Bulk pickup may be found on page 11 of the Recycling Calendar mailed to your home or HERE. For complete rules and regulations regarding the Recycling Center drop-off, hours, permitted disposal items, your recycling zone and more see the Recycling Calendar mailed to your home, on the Township website.
Thank you, in advance, for your cooperation.
Director Department of Public Works