DPW Winter Collection Message #4
January 30, 2020
DPW will being brush collection by zone as per the schedule published in the recycling calendar posted on the Township Website HERE, sent to residents registered for the Township email and mailed to all homes. Brush collection is underway by zone.
BAGGED LEAF COLLECTION has been completed. There should be no bagged or piled leaves at the curb at this time.
The official calendar is printed on recycled paper, has a green cover and ‘DO NOT DISCARD’ in red. Information regarding curbside pickup, the recycling center, and more is contained in the calendar. Please post and keep for reference throughout the year.
NOTE BULK PICKUP DATE CORRECTION ZONES 2&4 – Bulk pickup up is week of April 20 (noted incorrectly in calendar as April 13). Please mark your calendar accordingly. Our apologies for any confusion.
We remind you that all curbside collections are weather permitting and subject to rescheduling/cancellation by the Marlboro Office of Emergency Management. Notifications of changes are made via email, social media and posted on the Township website.
The zone by zone Brush ONLY pick up dates are:
February 3 Zones 2 & 4 In Progress
February 10 Zones 1 & 8
February 17 Zones 6 & 7
February 24 Zones 3 & 5
No brush curbside earlier than one week prior to your first scheduled pickup date. See regulations below and HERE.
Please see Mayor Hornik’s letter for more on leaf/ brush collection collection.
For the safety of all residents, please note the following regulations:
• Brush is to be placed curbside (not in the roadway, but on your property near the road) by 7:00 am on the first day of the scheduled pickup week free of leaves or other debris. All brush is to be cut to a maximum length of six (6) feet and a maximum diameter of four (4) inches and should not exceed fifty (50) pounds in weight. Branches less than one inch in diameter shall be tied in neat bundles no more than four (4) feet in length and two (2) feet across.
- For the safety of pedestrians and motorists lawn debris should not be placed at the curb earlier than one week prior to the first scheduled collection date.
- Please do not place leaves or brush near sewer drains. If you have a sewer inlet on or near your property, please take a moment to ensure the drain is clear and free from debris. With just a few minutes a month you can help reduce flooding and keep our waterways healthy! #adopt-a-drain
• Weather permitting; it generally takes approximately one week to complete each zone. Once a street has been completed, the DPW will not return to that street. If you miss your zone’s scheduled pickup it may be brought to the recycling enter free of charge (MORE) or you may arrange for a private contractor.
Brush may not be commingled with leaves or combined with grass, rocks, stumps, construction debris, fence posts, etc., trash or recyclables will not be collected. Landscapers or residents placing debris for collection in an unauthorized manner shall be required to remove the waste from the public right of way.
Brush and leaves are accepted at the Township Recycling Center throughout the year, free of charge. The hours of the Recycling Center are Monday and Wednesday 8:00-1:30 and Saturday 8:00-4:00. Other items that may be dropped off at the Recycling Center are:
- Electronics (TVs, computers, etc.) - No charge. No permit required.
- Bulk Items - Free bulk Permit required and are available at the Recycling office Monday to Friday 7:30 am to 3:00 pm. Proof of residency is required.
You may also obtain recycling information by calling 732 536-0188 or by sending an email to .
Thank you for your cooperation as we work to keep Marlboro streets safe and clean.
Robert Miller, Superintendent of Public Works