JANUARY 15, 2019
WINTER STORM #1
The Marlboro Office of Emergency Management (OEM) is monitoring a potential weekend weather event. In preparation, the OEM has declared that effective immediately NO ADDITIONAL BRUSH MAY BE PLACED CURBSIDE until further notice.
If you live in a zone currently scheduled for collection and have brush curbside, you may leave it in place. The Department of Public Works (DPW) will continue to collect brush already curbside for as long as possible.
Notice of schedule adjustments will be made via email, social media and the Town website. Please see the letter from DPW regarding the winter brush collection HERE. For more on your zone and recycling and lawn debris collection, please review the Official Marlboro Recycling Calendar that is being mailed to homes and can be found on line.
Please take a few moments now to plan and prepare:
- Visit www.Marlboro-nj.gov and click ‘Communications for Residents’ (top right button) to register for multiple lines of communication.
- Marlboro Township e-bulletin (if you are receiving this notice as an email, you are registered for the bulletins)
- SWIFT 911 – Register your home and cell phones. Most home phones are inoperable if a power outage occurs. The Marlboro Police and OEM deliver urgent updates via SWIFT 911.
- Like us on Facebook @marlborotownship
- Follow us on Twitter @MarlboroTwp
- Please review and keep accessible the 'Surviving the Snow' brochure that can be found in the calendar centerfold and online. The brochure includes important local information, phone numbers and websites.
- Please review your preparedness kit and check for expired items. Do not forget those with special needs, the elderly, and pets. The FEMA Winter Storm brochure is a resource for storm preparation and safety tips.
- As per Town Ordinance, we remind you that vehicles may not be parked in the roadways when the road is snow covered.
We will continue to monitor the weather and update as more becomes available. Thank you for your cooperation and stay safe.
Mayor Jon Hornik