Thursday, December 20, 2018
The National Weather Service has issued weather advisories for our area. A Flood Watch is in effect from 7pm tonight until 1:00 am Saturday, December 22. Rain is expected to begin this afternoon with total rainfall amounts of 2-3”, with locally heavier amounts. A Wind Advisory has been issued beginning midnight tonight through 10:00am Friday. Gusts of up to 45 mph are possible and may cause tree damage and power outages.
We remind you to take the following precautions:
- If you have a storm drain on or near your property line, please remove leaves or other debris from on top or near the drains so that water can run freely to the outlets.
- Secure loose outdoor holiday decorations or bring them inside.
- In case of a power outage, please report to JCP&L directly. You can call them at 888-LIGHTSS (888-544-4877), report on line, via text or on Facebook. For more, visit JCP&L Power Outages
- Never go near a downed wire. Assume all are live and dangerous. Report downed wires, trees, and flooded areas immediately to Marlboro Police at 732-536-0100.
- Please do not call the police for power outage updates. They do not have access to that information and it is imperative that their lines remain open for emergencies.
- If a road is closed, do not drive past the barrier. Do not drive through flooded roads. Water can hide debris, dips, downed wires, washed away roads, and other dangers. If you encounter flood waters ahead, turn around – do not proceed.
We will update you via email and social media as necessary. For those beginning travel for the Holiday week ahead, please be careful, leave extra time and arrive safely.
Mayor Jon Hornik