January 16, 2022
Re: Wind Advisory
The National Weather Service has posted a Wind Advisory for our area from 10pm this evening until 6am Monday morning. Winds 25 to 35 MPH are expected with wind gusts up to 50 mph. A brief snow/sleet event is possible, but most of the impact in our area will be rain and wind. The forecast varies significantly throughout the Northeast, so please check local weather reports if you are traveling this holiday weekend.
High winds and rain can lead to power outages. Please take this afternoon to prepare.
- Secure any outdoor decorations, bring in garbage/recycling containers and lay down or bring in basketball hoops.
- Keep all personal electronics and backup batteries charged.
- Gather flashlights and batteries.
- Review the steps to plan and prepare for an outage at http://ready.nj.gov/plan-prepare/power-outages.shtml
- Register for JCP&L communication tools to easily report an outage and receive updates. https://www.firstenergycorp.com/help/communication_tools.html
- Visit Optimum Website to track service interruptions and report outages.
- Clear sewer drains on or near your property allowing rain to run freely and prevent flooding.
Assume all downed wires are alive and dangerous. Report to the Marlboro Division of Police at 732-536-0100 to report. In case of emergencies, dial 911. Should power outages occur, please do not call the police outage updates. They do not have additional information and it is vital that their lines stay open for emergencies.
A reminder that Town Hall is closed Monday in observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, however the Office of Emergency Management, the Police, Fire and First Aid are on call 24/7.
Stay warm and safe,
Mayor Jon Hornik