STORM UPDATE #3
July 23, 2019 –4:30pm
We continue to be in contact with JCP&L. Multiple crews are actively working in the Township. However, please note that they are still not providing restoration times for specific areas however, the number of homes without power in Marlboro are decreasing steadily.
Important Township Updates:
- Town Hall will be open until 8:00pm tonight for cooling and charging. It will reopen at 9:00am Wednesday.
- For those on well water, non-potable water is available 24/7 at the Vanderburg complex near the Aquatic Center. Please bring a container. (134 Vanderburg Road)
- For anyone without power, free water and ice locations have been updated to include Shop Rite on Union Hill Road in Marlboro.
- The following intersections that were reported without traffic lights are now fully operational: Tennent and 520, Union Hill and Tennent and Ryan and Robertsville.
- The intersection of Tennent at Wooleytown and Greenwood is open however please proceed with caution as JCP&L still has repair work to do.
- Intersections or traffic lights on the prior list and not mentioned here are still valid.
- Town Hall phone service is inconsistent, but all internet operations are functioning. A list of township email addresses can be found HERE.
It bears repeating that the Office of Emergency Management reminds residents that debris may not be placed in the roadway or in any Town right-of-way. It causes flooding and is a hazard to pedestrians and motor vehicles.
The Police can be contacted at 732-536-0100. Emergencies dial 911. Please do not contact the Police to ask about power outage restoration times. They do not have access to that information, and it is imperative that their lines stay open for emergencies.
As JCP&L provides estimated times of restoration, we will update our residents. Frequent updates have been made to the Town website, Facebook, Twitter and via email as well as SWIFT 911. Please visit http://www.marlboro-nj.gov/resident-communications.html to register for any or all of our communication options.
Mayor Jon Hornik