November 5, 2020
Township Weekend Update
Please note that all Township Municipal Offices and the Recycling center will be CLOSED on Wednesday, November 11 in observance of Veterans Day. The curbside recycling collection for Zone 2 will be collected on Wednesday, as scheduled. The Marlboro Division of Police is open 24/7 and can be reached at 732-536-0100. Emergencies, dial 9-1-1.
- Pumpkin Smash 2020 - Saturday, November 7 from 9am – noon dispose of your Halloween pumpkins and gourds in a way that is fun and environmentally friendly. Bring your pumpkins to the Recreation center and smash it into the truck where it will be kept out of the landfill and used for compost. For more about this national event visit https://www.scarce.org/pumpkins/
- Veterans Day Ceremony (Virtual) – November 11 at 11am Marlboro’s Veterans and Volunteers committee will host a ceremony to honor all those who served our country in war or peace. Residents can watch the ceremony via Facebook live. Shortly after, it will be available for viewing on Channel 77 and our website.
- Social Media - What You Need to Know (Virtual) – A workshop for parents on Monday, November 16 at 7pm. Link provided upon registration. See FLYER. For mental health, drug and coping resources, please visit the Alliance for the Prevention of Drug Abuse website.
- Thanksgiving Food Drive – Please join Marlboro Township, the Marlboro K-8 schools and Marlboro High School as we help our local families in need this holiday season. For food items needed, drop off locations and more, please click HERE.
- Texas Road – Friday, November 6 the road is CLOSED from 9am to 3pm between Spring Valley and Amboy Roads for paving. Detours are in place and Police on site to assist motorists.
- DPW Fall Leaf Collection – The Department of Public Works (DPW) fall leaf collection is underway by zone according to the schedule published in the recycling calendar mailed to your home and available on the Township HERE. Please note that this is the only curbside, piled leaf collection of 2020. Please review the letter from DPW for regulations, details and zone dates HERE.
- Fourth Quarter Property Taxes – This is a reminder that the 4th quarter property taxes must be received by Tuesday, November 10, 2020 to avoid interest which is calculated from November 1. Please review the letter from the tax collector for a link to on-line tax information, payment options and more HERE.
Finally, please review a letter from Chief Pezzullo HERE regarding vehicle thefts. We have won many awards for our safe community, but no place is immune. Chief Pezzullo reminds residents to lock your car doors, take the key fob and do not leave valuable visible.
Have a safe and enjoyable weekend.
Mayor Jon Hornik