October 9, 2020
Township Weekend Update
Please take a moment to review the town updates, news and programming.
- Columbus Day - Municipal Offices and the Township Recycling Center are CLOSED Monday October 12 in observance of Columbus Day. We remind you that many forms, licenses and permits are available on-line and a 24-hour drop box is in the Town Hall vestibule. Services, staffing, contact information, on-line forms and more HERE.
- DPW Scheduled Fall Brush Collection Underway – This is the final 2020 brush collection. Please help keep our streets safe and clean. Do not place brush in the roadway, near sewers, or more than one week prior to your first scheduled day. Please review the letter sent via email for zone pickup weeks and regulations HERE.
- Texas Road Construction Notice - Friday, October 9 from 7am to 5pm, crews will be installing drainage pipe on Texas Road between Amboy Road and Bennington Way. Roads will remain open and Police will be on site.
- Falson Park Renovation Complete - The Park’s new playset joins a resurfaced tennis court, picnic tables, and a walking path! Check out pocket parks throughout town here: https://www.marlboro-nj.gov/parks-facilities
- Generator Residential Permit Fee Waiver – A reminder that generator permit applications received through October 16, 2020 are eligible for the fee waiver. For more, Email , call 732-536-0200 ext. 1800, or visit the Building Department Monday to Friday from 8am – 4pm (entrance in the back of Town Hall).
- Marlboro Farmers Market – Only 3 Sundays left to visit our Farmers Market! Open Sundays from 9am - 2pm through October 25. For more, visit the website https://www.marlboro-nj.gov/farmers-market and Facebook and Instagram @MarlboroFarmersMarket The Marlboro High School Music Boosters are collecting your gently worn, used and new shoes used to support micro-enterprise small businesses in developing nations. Shoe donations can be made at the table located at the entrance to in the parking area behind the market on October 11 and 18.
- October Recreation Programs and Events – Movies, Halloween Events, and programs to help you cope. HERE.
- State Utility Shutoff Moratorium Ends October 15 – It is important that you contact the utility to as soon as possible to arrange Deferred Payment Agreements and to learn about other assistance programs that may be available. Click HERE for more. Learn about BPU assistance programs HERE.
- General Election Information – Monmouth County has mailed the Vote By Mail ballots. If you did not receive yours or need a replacement, call the Monmouth County Clerk at 732-431-7790. Please note that October 13 is the deadline to register or to change your signature, name or address. For more, review General Election Information Update 3 sent by email and posted on the website HERE.
Please review two important safety notices. This year’s Fire Prevention Week campaign is ‘Serve Up Fire Safety in the Kitchen’ and is designed to educate everyone about simple actions to keep safe in a kitchen. Visit U.S. Fire Administration for more.
You may have noticed an increase in deer activity. October into mid-December is deer rutting season throughout New Jerseyand the mostly likely time to have an auto/deer collision. The DEP reminds motorists to slow down, wear seat belts and be alert! If you do hit a deer or see one on the side of the road, please review our ‘Deer and Animal Control Removal’ FAQ.
Have a safe and enjoyable holiday weekend.
Mayor Jon Hornik