March 25, 2020
Coronavirus Update # 18
Yesterday, my letter detailed Marlboro’s Municipal Offices on-line services as well as email and phone contact information. That letter remains on the home page and HERE.
Most concerns and questions that you may have about testing sites, symptom checks, business and employee resources and more can be found at https://covid19.nj.gov/ , the State’s COVID-19 Information Hub. I urge residents to view that website to ensure that you are getting accurate information.
Effective immediately, all Marlboro Township Courts and Playgrounds are closed.
Please see the following updates from County, State and Federal sources:
1. The PNC Testing Center is open daily at 8am. Please note that if you do not have symptoms, you will not be tested. Visit NJ Testing Centers to do a symptom check, and obtain hours and directions.
2. The deadline to obtain the REAL ID has been pushed back from October 1 to avoid crowding over-crowding at the state Motor Vehicles Commissions. No new deadline has been set. As a reminder, the NJ Motor Vehicle Commission agencies, road testing and inspection facilities remain closed to the public until March 30. All non-driver IDs, vehicle registrations, and inspection stickers expiring before May 31 have been extended by two months. Most renewals, replacements, change of addresses and other transactions can be processed on line at NJMVC.com
3. The State of NJ Office of Homeland Security wants you to know that there are individuals and groups trying to leverage coronavirus fears in order to cause panic and scam residents. Misinformation has spread via social media and there are at least 80 US based websites posting misleading or false information using official sounding names. There are social media reports of people going door-to-door claiming to be from the CDC. Cybersecurity firm Check Point reported a significant number of malicious new domain names and an increase in phishing attacks to lure victims into installing a virus under the guides of corona-themed emails. The N.J. Office of Homeland Security and Preparedness has created a Coronavirus/COVID-19 Rumor Control & Disinformation website.
4. Effective at 5pm on March 27, the Governor has suspended all dental and medical elective surgeries and invasive procedures for adults. This is preserve the availability of supplies and equipment for emergency purposes, currently in short supply.
5. For those in need, as of this morning there are 12,000 jobs available from 100 essential employers across the state. Visit www.jobs.covid19.nj.gov to visit the jobs and hiring portal.
6. If you are diabetic, please contact The Diabetes Foundation to receive a free back up emergency kit. Visit www.diabetesfoundationinc.org or call 973-849-5234
Stay home and if you must go out, practice social distancing. We will get through this together…but at least six feet apart.