October 23, 2020
Township Weekend Update
- DPW Fall Leaf Collection to Begin by Zone – The Department of Public Works (DPW) will begin leaf only pickup next week by zone according to the schedule published in the recycling calendar mailed to your home and available on the Township HERE. Please note that this is the only curbside, piled leaf collection of 2020. Please review the letter from DPW for regulations, details and zone dates HERE.
- Marlboro Halloween– Please review our letter to review Halloween Safety, guidelines and for the link to the printable PDF signs to let children know if you are welcoming Trick-or-Treaters HERE.
- Marlboro Recreation Programming – Movie nights, scarecrow decorating, pet costume contest and drive through trunk-or-treat. There are plenty of options to enjoy a socially distanced and safe Halloween. All events are free. Some require registration due to space limitations. Check them all out HERE.
- Marlboro Farmers Market – The final Sunday for our very popular Farmers Market! Open October 25 from 9am - 2pm. This is the last day to stock up on your favorite treats before we close for the season. For more, visit the website https://www.marlboro-nj.gov/farmers-market and Facebook and Instagram @MarlboroFarmersMarket
- National Drug Take Back Day – Prevent your unwanted, unused and expired medication from getting into our water system or the wrong hands. Bring your over-the-counter or prescription medication to the Marlboro Township Police Department on Saturday, October 24 from 10am-2pm. No sharps. For more, visit https://takebackday.dea.gov/
- Police Unity Tour Fundraiser –Join the Police for a Cornhole Tournament this Sunday. Proceeds benefit the Police Officers participating with Team Marlboro in the 2020 Police Unity Tour, a 300 mile bike ride to Washington DC to raise awareness of Fallen Police Officers and support the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial. FLYER.
- Free COVID-19 Testing: In cooperation with the Grunin Foundation, Monmouth County will offer free COVID-19 testing for County residents. You do not have to be symptomatic and no appointment is necessary. Please review the FLYER for dates and locations. Other statewide testing sites are posted on the State COVID-19 TESTING HUB.
- November General Election – If you have mailed your ballot, placed it in a secure county drop box or delivered it to the Board of Elections, track its status through “Monmouth County BallotTrax”. Voters can sign up at monmouthcounty.ballottrax.net and enable notifications via call, email or text message. Visit www.MonmouthCountyVotes.com for information regarding the General Election process.
- Fourth Quarter Property Taxes – This is a reminder that the 4th quarter property taxes must be received by Tuesday, November 10, 2020 to avoid interest which is calculated from November 1. Please review the letter from the tax collector for a link to on-line tax information, payment options and more HERE.
- Marlboro Library will be CLOSED on Friday, October 23 for scheduled JCP&L repair work. Please visit other branches or visit them on line at on-line www.monmouthcountylibrary.org
Have a great weekend.
Mayor Jon Hornik