March 11, 2022
Re: Weekend Storm
Wind Advisory 10am Saturday to 1am Sunday
As I mentioned in my Weekend Update, we have been watching a weather system as it heads to our area Saturday morning bringing rain, some snow and wind. This storm is changeable and varies widely throughout the region, so please keep your eye on the forecast, especially if you plan to travel. At this time, our area is expected to see rain, periods of snow and winds of 20 to 30 mph with higher gusts. Temperatures are expected to drop Saturday and Sunday will be cold leading to flash freeze and icy road conditions.
Gusty winds could blow around unsecured objects, down tree limb and cause scattered power outages. We ask that you take a moment to prepare.
We have been in contact with JCP&L and they are prepared to activate their storm response system, if required. In the event outages occur due to severe weather, report your outage by calling 1-888-LIGHTSS (1-888-544-4877), clicking the “Report Outage” link on www.firstenergycorp.com, or by texting out to 544487.
- Secure any outdoor decorations, bring in garbage/recycling containers and lay down or bring in basketball hoops.
- Keep all personal electronics and backup batteries charged.
- Gather flashlights and batteries.
- Review the steps to plan and prepare for an outage at http://ready.nj.gov/plan-prepare/power-outages.shtml
- Visit Optimum Website to track service interruptions and report outages.
Assume all downed wires are alive and dangerous. Report to the Marlboro Division of Police at 732-536-0100 to report. In case of emergencies, dial 911.
We will update you if it becomes necessary. Stay safe.
Mayor Jon Hornik