METHODS OF PAYMENT
The Township offers the following methods for payment of taxes:
- Mail a check with your payment stub to the Township of Marlboro Tax Collector, 1979 Township Drive, Marlboro, NJ 07746.
- Online through your personal online banking. Allow 7 to 10 business days for bank processing, as a physical check is mailed to our office by your bank. No fees are assessed by the Township. Please use your property tax account number located on the bill.
- Online through a third party payment processing company by electronic check or credit card at https://www.marlboro-nj.gov/departments/tax-collector. Click on the link on the right hand side of the page “Pay & View Taxes Online”. Once you click on the link, you will need your tax account number from your tax bill. The payment amount will be provided for you. No fees are assessed by the Township; however, please note that these online payments do involve fees and charges levied by the third-party payment processor.
- A 24-hour drop box is located inside the vestibule of the administration entrance of Town Hall. All payments are credited on the next business day. Cash payments are not accepted.
There are often times when the tax collector must return checks that are written incorrectly. These errors cause delays and necessitate interest being charged on late payments. Please double check the following when writing your check:
- Check is made payable to Marlboro Township.
- Check is signed.
- The numeric amount matches the written amount.
- Check has a current date; postdated checks cannot be accepted.
- Include tax stubs for all properties that you are paying (If you do not have the stub, please include your block and lot number, tax account number or your property location.)
- Include a self-addressed, stamped envelope for any information you require returned.
- Please do not staple your tax stub to your check.
For questions, please call the Tax Collector’s Office at 732-536-0200 ext. 1804